Wednesday, September 25, 2019

With just 1 example, I can prove American Medicine's heart is in,,, the Wrong place, closer to it's wallet.

Let's say you have ear wax, and your Doctor says "You are to come in every month to have it removed."
Ok, sound reasonable.

So you go to VA Audiology and a nice young tech picks it out in 10 minutes, no pain no fuss. You thank him, and drive 30+ minutes home.

The next month you go to the VA again for your appointment, and you are sent to the E.N.T.(ear nose throat) Clinic and told to "have a seat, you're on time, just wait."(Called "hurry up and wait" in the military.)
After awhile,,, they call your name and a Nurse of some sort walks you into a tiny room with an Ear Wax Vacuum Machine, about 3ft square. She turns it on and sticks it in your ear, VERY NOISY and PAINFUL !! Can't I do the Audiology tech and ear pick again, pleeease?
"No, this is all, for the rest of your life, month after month, 30minutes of (Torture) this."
No thanks, I won't be back!

I get mailers all the time about "Free hearing (aid ear) test" and I have done it convinced I didn't want to go thru many expense foreign hearing aids, gunked with ear wax, like my dear Dad.
And they always, always pick the ear wax out first, never an ear wax vacuum loud painful machine.

So I asked around.
What do you do for ear wax?
Dad goes to the $ hearing aid store monthly to get his hearing aid unclogged and his very hairy ears picked of ear wax.
Mom goes to Kaiser monthly and uses their nurse and ear wax vacuum machine, "For many years, because my Doctor told me to!"
Sis uses ear drops.

Called the local elected politicans.
Congress isn't going to tell Medicine how to do "their business."

If you are curious, or into S&M, go to your local American hospital or clinic and try out the Ear Wax Vacuum (torture) Machine.