Friday, December 12, 2014

SFPD and car thief in My Car!="F" grade

Last month, November 2014,  I found a car burglar IN my car! , inside the company employee parking lot!, a lot that is gated and fenced with security video cams!?
I asked him "What are you doing in my car!?", while I called SFPD 911.
I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HIS PICTURE.

But I did not know how careless SFPD is about crime like car theft. 

Still no Police Report Case Number! And a supervising officer called me to ask ,"What went so wrong when 3 patrol cars showed in less than 10minutes parking in the intersection? "
They parked in the intersection and did NOT enter the open lot where I was still confronting the Asian, pro ,middle aged, bad acne face scars middle aged guy in my Acura!!

I had to leave the CRIMINAL next to my car and walk outside the parking lot to INVITE THE OFFICERS INSIDE TO DO THEIR JOB AND ARREST THE CAR JACKER.
But these SFPD officers were not interested in arresting the carjacker nor following the getaway car, as the sargent told me "You got your car back. Problem solved."!!

After the carjacker ran away I got just one of these many cruisers full of cops to do their job and looking inside the lot on foot for the car thief!! Too late, too little, not motivated.
Yes I was glad to not loose my car, but $950 glove box pc "ecm" was damaged and the criminal left his tool bag in the car.
The sargent asked if I wanted him to throw it away , instead of keep it as evidence!!
This sargent said there was no way to fingerprint a (smooth) "textured steering wheel leather". Liar.
In summary, in SF do NOT expect the SFPD to try to catch criminals ; They just drive their cruisers around.