Thursday, August 02, 2018

Why do some Nurses and Doctors punish us patients-veterans with Negative ,Unhopeful LABELS, like "Diabetic"?

I use to drink 3-4 Pepsi's and day and 5-6 coffees at Starbucks limo driving in SF. For many decades.

So by 60, my blood sugar finally got Up, from "low".
I cut all sodas out cold.
No more maple sugar oatmeal packets for breakfast in the morning.
I was crying.
Read "Fast Metabolism" by an Expert and stayed on that easy diet for 18 months.
I was sooo happy!

My blood sugar never went above the line into "Diabetic", but VA Nurses and Doctors got some perverse thrill publically calling me a " you the DIABETIC" instead of "pre-diabetic", which I also asked them to never say in public, versus in private!

Diabetes Association is no help either with their pessimistic, downer
"Once a Diabetic, always a Diabetic!" condemnation.

Today I had an eye exam at the VA and one eye doc said, "so I see you are, or were, a Diabetic."
Not interested in my struggle or preference for no such LABELS.

Divide sugar grams by 4 to get Teaspoons, for a shock!

It's a problem.
Labels don't help.