Monday, January 05, 2009

Some cars,,,SOLD IN THE U.S. of A.,,,have driver doors that open counter-clockwise/logically,,,and many that open CLOCKWISE !!,,,go figure

For about a week i have been beating myself up about this simple little tiny minor problem,,,being put on phone hold for minutes and 5minutes again and again by GMC,,,of why does my Mom's new Ford have a driver's door that opens logically/counter-clockwise, and yet my Dad's Chevy pickup has a driver's door that opens ,,,ILLOGICALLY/clockwise,,,?!!?!! Do we not have a well established custom /tradition in the U.S. that locks open counterclockwise ?


Then why is Acura and Honda selling all these millions and millions of cars, not only MADE IN THE USA,,,but shipped all the way across the Pacific Ocean and sold with mucho DOLLARS IN THE USA,,,and yet the driver's doors open ILLOGICALLY/clockwise. I phoned a Toyota dealer and the salesman told me he never thought about it but did check while i was on the phone and said, "yes, the driver's door does open logically/ counterclockwise".
But then the last time i talked to a Toyota dealer salesman,,, he told me he was a Christian with the big gold cross on his lapel and then tried to charge me a secret $3000 extra,,,shuh !!

I don't know about you, but i would like to go back to the tradition that if it is made in/for America, the it should open LOGICALLY/ counterclockwise,,,unless it is Ashton Kutcher's car and someone is paying him back for a tv expose' "punk'd", ok ? (He is Bruce Willis's x-wife's new husband.)