Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nov. 2009, I do not recommend AT & T cellphone service

When i turn on my 5 year old AT&T cellphone, it says "Cingular", but when i go into "Cingular" stores they say they can not help me and i need to find an "AT&T"store !!

Now, i am told my 32-bit SIM card chip is "too old" and i need to pick up a free 64-bit SIM card chip at an "AT&T" store, which i did. But it does not work in my "too old" 5 year old phone, so AT&T says i have to sign a new contract and get a new phone that will work with the 64-bit SIM. I have a great contract that AT&T will not offer again to me , nor anything close, so why would i voluntarily sign again for "2 years" to a poor value new contract with AT&T ?!!

I bought a PDA that will accept the 64-bit and it works, i can dial phone numbers with it,,,but AT&T is still telling me that i "must sign a new contract" , even tho i have an AT&T approved newer PDA that works with the new 64-bit SIM !!

And forget the Feds and the FCC, as i am told by my Senator's office "you know that cellphones are a deregulated market and there is very little we can do?" !!
We might as well have the good for nothing Republicans back in (corrupt) power !!