Thursday, January 07, 2016

Front engine, front drive compact cars are TOO DANGEROUS AND TEND TO SPIN OUT TOO EASILY !!

Even in the lightest rain with wide groove tires, if you tap your brakes in a turn, the car will break traction and VIOLENTLY SPIN !!

I will never ever buy such a car again. My first, and last, front engine car with front drive was a 2000 Acura Integra, a very popular model. But just once at 40mph on a damp curved road, I tapped the brakes and the CAR VIOLENTLY AND RAPIDLY SPUN OUT INTO THE CONCRETE MEDIAN BARRICADE, both the front and rear were damaged, costing $8000. No comp-collision coverage because I am such a safe driver, so I PAID $8000 from SAVINGS !!

This uncontrollable unpreventable accident would not have occurred in a weight balanced, front engine REAR DRIVE CAR !! That is why the Acura Integra is so popular with "street racers" and "tuners" who terrorize our streets at night with SPEEDING AND SPINNING !! Watch the "drift"  movie in Japan with that car mob of speeders.

Most average drivers should not be guinea pigs for Detroit's bad experiments !! Why isn't the federal govt protecting us from this huge common problem with our autos?? Remember , I was on a highway , speed limit of 55, in a very light rain, slowing to yellow sign recommended "40mph" in a turn, yet I could not normally use my brakes. I tried to find no hydroplane, unrated tires. And my tires were properly inflated. I am sure you have seen the same thing here in California over and over again, all over our freeways, with JUST A LITTLE RAIN. Imagine if we had snow and ice every Winter!
The auto industry lied when they told us we didn't need a "heavy drive shaft" and rear wheel drive for less expensive cars. My previous car was a mid-engine rear drive Toyota MR2, that was the most weight balanced and safest car I ever drove !  The braking and handling were superb ! And when the timing rubber belt broke inside the engine, the Toyota engine was designed to not self-destruct like the Acura and sooo many other, inferior designed cars.  Why !?

Yes, I have had other bad design vehicles like a VW 70s bus that was pushed sideways from lane to lane in crosswinds and the air cooled engine would blow up if you didn't adjust the valves every "less than 3000 miles", a car mechanic's dream car;  Frequent tune-ups and I went thru 2 engines before quick sale that monster !  But at least I COULD TRUST THE BRAKES. Yes, rear engine and rear drive.

I had 2 60s Honda motorcycles that felt like I was sitting on a saw horse, such poor ergonomics, if that word was even invented then for such mass produced poor design. Both 350cc's. The tire stand hooked the asphalt on the first turn, almost dumped the new bike, so removed the darn rear tire stand !!

We should not be afraid to use our brakes in a very light rain, because our compact light cars are so weight unbalanced with front drive, front engines.
This Detroit now world car mfg "experiment" should be marked "F", for fatally dangerous.

Why are the car magazines not talking enough about unsafe and expensive bad design ?