Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I was the First Frisco beer truck driver to wear shorts making Miller beer truck deliveries.

Made a lot of bar friends delivering in the Castro with my shorts, probably navy blue Patagonia stand up shorts with the great big back velcro pockets.

I would show up to work in the "uniform" of long pants.
Drive my loaded truck out of the China Basin big box warehouse, just a short walk from the Peninsula's CalTrain station I used daily.
Then pull over somewhere and change in the high cab from pants to shorts.

The company got so many compliments on my great calves, I never had to ask permission or get in trouble for being "out of uniform."
Teamsters-bums job, but 500 cases/day Great Exercise with a hand truck. (Ran over 2.)(FH stole one.)

3-10 kegs and a big black bumper cushion to drop then on.
I so miss the 2 famous Irish bars past Pill Hill on Geary,,, and all the fun people at Castro Safeway.
So it's "dg" for Darn Good wishing all my beer truck delivery friends the Happiest and Best Holiday Season ever !!

It may be our global warming last.