Saturday, February 18, 2017

Being victimized for training purppses by the BayAtea CHP is no fun !!

I was in SJ, traveling N. at midnight at 55 miles per hour in a 65 mph zone. Very little traffic. Badly made elevated roadway with rollercoaster ride vs level and a very bad bump in the slow lane going under 280 that has not been fixed in years.

I had worked all day in the warm sweaty sun doing yard work for my parents in Lincoln Glen.
I was exhausted dirty with bloodshot eyes from all the salty sweat dripping into my eyes.
I had hoed weeds, raked leaves, cleaned out rain gutters, fertilized 2 lawns, spread brown gypsum all over both yards, been on my hands and knee pad moving dirt under the 9 Camilla trees by hand and burying alfalfa pellets for the worms.
Ate dinner and watched some TV.

And here comes this CHP 'christmas lights' cop car on my tail !
I carefully pulled over and parked on the shoulder of 87N in SJ and waited for the officer while digging out my registration and insurance letter from the glove box.

CHP officer comes up and shines his powerful flashlight IN MY EYES!!
That is so rude and uncalled for !!
"License and registration,please."
I handed them thru the window.

"We noticed you going slow,55 , in a 65 mph zone with little traffic and driving a high performance sports car. Have you been drinking, Sir ?"
I had a glass of red wine with dinner.
That's all. And I am very dirty sore and tired from doing yard work at my parents, all day in the sun. My eyes are bloodshot from the salty sweat dripping into my eyes. I just want to carefully drive home to BG, take a shower, and go to bed."

Then I noticed there were 2 CHPs, an very old guy and a young guy.
Oh, great!! Rookie training ,on me!!
The young cop said" You were not always in the middle of the lane but swerving or moving from side to side, why?"
Many potholes and rough patches to avoid in my light little car. My car's tires are not SUVs and can not take all this poorly maintained, rough road highway surface.
"Well, we think you are DUI and want to do a field sobriety test. Please keeps your hands out the window and slowly step out of the car."

Great !!
So sore and tired I can not get up from my low car seat without using my hands, and now this brass rookie wants me to contortion and get out with my hands out the window !!
Both over eager officers had their hands on their guns. Didn't they read I have an ABCD commercial driving license, so very hard to get these days in California?
I have 5 years college.
I am a Vietnam Veteran.
I do not have a criminal record.
I have no speeding tickets in over 30 years.
Didn't they read about their 'suspect'!?

More strong bright white light flashlight right in my eyes, pure harassment !!
Should be red light at night.
"We want you to walk in a straight line, heel toe."
Did it.
More bright white flashlight right into my eyes!!
"Do it again."
Did it well, again.
"We think you are drunk.
Do it again".
"And again".

I was so tired and pissed I said," if you think I am DUI then arrest me !!
And I will sue CHP from training harassment and false arrest !!"
More bright white flashlight right in my eyes, so unnecessary and arrogantly rude.
"Well, we have decided to let you go.
Drive carefully (faster and straighter?) home."
Thank God !!

If this CHP or city cop harassment has happened to you, report it.