Wednesday, February 24, 2016

One of the worst things about American medical care is your doctor/GP really does Not enjoy seeing you or have the time to really assess your health. So you don't go to a doctor who's "too busy" even when you pay $100s/mo. !!

Kaiser is not glad to see you and always treats you like another complainer. And there you are paying $100s /month for medical care. I have had a bad diagnosis to avoid surgery and a bad second opinion to also avoid prompt surgery option. I have had them give me a partial copy of an MRI so I could not show it to another doctor or even have my own honest record of my medical status and care.  I have had a surgeon refuse to close a cut for 7 months telling me to "just pack it with sterile saline gauze daily or we are certain you will get an infection and face amputation"; I disobeyed , let the foot scab and it never got infected.

And the VA is horrible on attitude, especially at the biggest campus of Palo Alto. "We just don't give a damn about old soldiers" should be over the front door. Except for for the old lady volunteers !  SF-VA is a bunch of doc students who can't wait to graduate and go somewhere else to make real money. Where are the janitors??

A San Jose Hospital ER doc tried to justify me paying $800 out of pocket for a CAT scan for sinus divers squeeze that he misdiagnosed as a operable brain tumor. He made lots of mistakes and was gone soon. To another hospital. SJ Hospital closed.

Had a holy roller doc at Mills Peninsula try to sterilize me during hernia surgery because I was sexually active out of marriage. And I got a massive painful hospital infection there. Should have sued for $2M, one for ambulance chasing lawyer and one for me, the victim of so much medical abuse. Ok, $5M.

West side Good Sam Hospital might send west side you to the dangerous east side and the busy gunshot and knifing war zone hospital there, instead of treating you where your doc has an office, but is too busy to see you, after you fell off a ladder. You might run into "superman" doc with only an inflated ego.

Oh, and Valley Med left me naked on a gurney, strapped in, in the hall covered by a sheet all night, instead of promptly giving me pain pill and sinus decongestant.

Had a female GP doc at PAMF fancy clinic tell me "all colds are viral" and ignore the bacterial mold and fungus respiratory infections I also had and just walk out the door. A woman. I almost died, before driving to the Reno catholic hospital,"we will take care of you and find out why you often can't breath due to excess mucous. " I almost died.

Even my dentist tells me "I can barely get by working all day without any vacations. And I wouldn't have to see you every season if you brushed and flossed daily."

Yes it is good we got preexisting conditions covered. But American medical care needs to be so much better for the outrageous high cost , waste and outright fraud. And the bad attitude.