Monday, March 13, 2017

Dr.Martens, hides "SHOE CARE" products option, behind "MENS" and "CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES". Why?

Also wish they made a WIDE size. Or 2.
Why not??

And it really rained on the West Coast this, 2016-2017, Winter !!
Not one of TV new wx folk are telling inches,,,or feet!,,, of usual "Annual Rain Fall" out here.

I got lucky; Was passing time waiting for co-worker, so strolled Ross. Under stocked,,,
Found "size 12" shelf,,,
And there were these black waterproof men's dress shoes with really tacky leather and that special non-slip map sole!

Under $40 !??!
Tried them on, no Width size, so silly "all people get one Width" sizing !!
(I use to sell hand made Italian boots for 2 years, Pivetta's, some of the very best, like the super famous, more Famous than Dr.Martens, the Muir Trails. MANY WIDTHS and very affordable in the 1970s ;)

So bought them.
Will wear a thin sock. Or two.
Will treat inside leather with usual LEXOL, Big brown liter jug that I usually buy at OSH.
GREAT stuff, all leather conditioner, and Cheap-AFFORDABLE !!
As I read a "pricey" and "sponge takes up too much room in container", hate deceptive packaging!, and "sponge doesn't last very long".

Using LEXOL today,once a year, on my leather collar Levi denim jacket I have had for decades.
And my Dad's hand-me-down brown leather jacket.
I so regret not buying that great black leather long,butt covered jacket... in that famous sf store..
Oh well.