Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The V.A.''s Medical Practices need 21st Century Update Review NOW!

Why are both the SF and Palo Alto VA Hospitals,etc. STILL using antiquated by decades and patient Painful pre -Colonoscopy prep of drinking a gallon of salt water that flushes you out,  but usually gives patients, especially  Veteran Patients!, Severe Painful stomach cramps? I tried it twice,  and had to bail out!
Just too damn painful!

Better,  more skilled MDs have used "Go Lightly" 2 pint prep for DECADES,  with Zero stomach cramps.

The VA Hospitals knock you out by IV.
Why?
Most better MDs and better Proctologists do not sedate but keep you awake to report any pain.

I'm 69 and had just one Colonoscopy at 55. Suppose to have one then every 10 years.  Did not feel any pain,  with the "#2 Proctologist in the USA". Zero pain.  That is a talented,  quality MD! Retail price was around $1000, but worth every penny. Many years ago...

His Chant, for over 30 years has been,  "Sailor!, I want One Big Long Soft poop Every Day,  Dammit!  Take Metamucil or Costco Psyillium REGULARLY !, as most of us don't  get near enough fiber in our American diet,  HELLO!, are you listening!? Being Constipated  for 2 or 3 days is generally Very Bad, holding all that WASTE!,,,  and little hard round turds you have to strain to drop Hurt,,,  RIGHT?, Sailor!?" He yells this,  and thus I do believe him. Every time, over 30 years, it's very dramatic, and it works, usually,  for me.

Well,  to be Honest,  I learned late I was a Visual not Audio learner.  My Good public school teachers, with all their Daily Lesson Plans and Big Bad iQ tests never cared to figure that out. Talk talk,  yell Yell,  bla Bla blaaaa! "Don't  shoot Roosters between us 100 yards Apart!!"
Bla bla bla.  Now when I was a kid and Mom got the wood ruler out of the utensil drawer,,, Get the Picture!? Hell Yes! Or Dad took off bla bla bla his Big Thick Heavy Belt. Picture? Got it! So I don't  recommend learning by "trial and error",  and or trying to fix damaged girls-women, 2 alcoholic abusive parents locking a girl in a dark closet all day or a hunk airline filandering pilot, divorced hot wife,  the hot daughter or a smart woman who marries a retread wife- beater, all these SuperRich dads with pretty poor daughters with only rich beds.
What,,, Was I thinking!?!?

So I take orange flavored Psyillium powder with cold low fat milk,  chug it quick. A2 milk now. "Daily,  Sailor!?" Well...
I popped my Achilles tendon  playing tennis all hot day with no water or food, Constipated for DAYS! Boy, did I get yelled at.
I tore a right quad thigh muscle apart,  no warm up, doing wind sprints one day,  Constipated for DAYS!  Oye,  what an earful!  Ok, ok.  But then just HS grad me believes in Guardian Angels; I Have to Have more than one!
Learning by "trial and ERROR! u idiot!"

Kaiser "promised" one every 10 years,  but after 13 years they only wanted a "stool sample mailed back."
Not nearly good enough!

My Mom and Sis each had just one Colonoscopy at Kaiser and said it was "Extremely Painful! " and they would NEVER EVER do one again! Anywhere!

Clearly,  some MDs are Much Better than other MDs and all should be Graded publically by the AMA and maybe Consumer Reports, etc.

Good thing I didn't  write this for Inside,  Timer,  or Snoresets,  wondering and wandering all Over the place!

Maybe both the SF and Palo Alto VA Hospital Bosses need to be Retired...!?  High Quality Civil Service standards,  anyone?

These are our much talked-about "Veterans", right?
Or is it just cheap-talk,  and cheap,clumsy medical care?

(The bit about all the MD yelling was just for dramatic effect.  No yelling,  but makes a better novel, yes?)